Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Titles & Fonts

 Since I am finally starting to begin my filming, I've had time to think about the fonts for the opening credits. I've been having issues deciding which would fit my film opening title perfectly since this font really needs to reflect what's to come. I feel like a text font does a lot in beginning of films.


Scorsese chose this bold, red font to accentuate the loud and rough title. It also juxtaposes to the background since it is all grey and dark, so the audience can see more clearly. It accentuates the capital letters in R and B as well. This has already created a theme of strength and fight. RagingBull is a drama about a boxing champion.


Scream is a very well known horror movie and its title is popular worldwide because of its correlation to the Scream film series only. It is immediately recognizable because of the diabolic M, which contains like a fang coming out of it or represents something malicious. The audience already can see what they are getting into by just reading the title. As well as the all white uppercase letters which is bold and loud. 


My film opening is obviously a thriller and I had a hard time figuring out a name for it because I wanted it to be original and not too basic. My initial thoughts for my movie title were:

-Captivated

-Chloe (just her name since it is about her)

-Ever-Present

-Bird's Eye

     These were all options and I decided to go with Bird's Eye because it is different, it can catch people's attention, and it connects to my film because "Mike" throughout the movie is shot watching Chloe at like a bird's eye view and it also reinforces the "fiction" aspect of it. The bird represents "Mike" as the assailant , but I also like that a bird is not categorized as a malicious animal at all which also connects to Mike because his intentions are not ill.


For the font, I wanted it to be similar to the characteristics as an actual bird's eye. Obviously I know there are variety's of colors, but the main characteristics is that they are very circular which shows their seriousness and far fetched sight. The font has to include some aspects of small letters in my opinion because they see far. 




Bird's Eye -Inconsolata

Bird's Eye - Shadows Into Light

Bird's Eye - Special Elite

                                     These fonts are my 3 top favorite for my opening title, plus the opening credits. I feel like they all create a darker, serious vibe which represents my film and they all have a large space between each letter which represents the far sighted view of the birds. It will be one of these that I will use, most likely the bottom two.

No comments:

Post a Comment