Saturday, March 25, 2023

Making Music


 I have made real music.

There was a part of me that wanted to use free copyright music from online or just the ones offered, but then I remembered how when I was younger and I had gotten a new iphone, an application garageband was always installed. I immediately knew I could make my own music using instruments and researching about how to make some suspenseful and tense noise.

The first thing i went to do was research online what were the parts of making a perfect horror soundtrack.

It was clear to me that the first part of a real uncomfortable audio is repetition. Constantly repeating the same sounds. I went into some websites online and read a little bit before i redownloaded garageband and began making music.



Looking at all the instrument options, my first choice was to go straight to the piano because the pitches are very squeaky and can create very eery tones.

So, i began using C4 and repeatedly hitting the black and white keys to create a repetitive sound. It was starting to sound like movie trailer music instead of just tension sound for the scenes I want to create a suspense for which was an issue, but i fixed it by adding another instrument. 


The strings was perfect for bringing the piano sound to a more action type music instead of just background beat. I believe it made the sound way more uncomfortable since the I used the lowest sound the guitar produced and just dragged the string down. Basically I ran my finger through all the strings and pulled each one to the left side and it created a perfect suspense noise.

I created my perfect audio for the thriller opening using just those two instruments and obviously the rest of the sound will come from either the characters or foley/ the natural ambiance noises.



No comments:

Post a Comment