Monday, March 27, 2023

Filming Day 1




 For the first shooting day, I made some different arrangements.

Instead of me being Chloe and one of my friends filming, I decided for my friend Lauren to be the main character, so I can do the shots and angles in the way I wanted it to be. It was also perfect because she knows my main character "Mike" very well and I knew it would be a perfect casting. 





My dad was amazing and let me take his phone for many hours just to use his better quality camera, so that was perfect because I thought it would be a huge issue since he does use it for work a lot. Then, I grabbed the props and told Lauren  and Ricky to dress in the aesthetic I portrayed my characters. I began shooting just the scenes with "Chloe" at first because "Mike's" actor had a volleyball game and he would arrive a bit later. I didn't realize how long it would actually take to redo so many scenes and get the perfect one because by the time we were finished with a few shots, the day had already become darker and it made the film super confusing.




We began filming at around 6pm and it was still light outside and Ricky arrived at 7pm. We had just begun filming with him and 30 minutes later it became really dark and we decided to redo the whole film during the night.

Another change was also the location because it was still in regional park, but since there were so many little kids running around during soccer practices, I thought it was s dangerous to reshoot so many scenes of Lauren driving my car when there's people everywhere. We decided to go towards the baseball fields where there is a fence between the kids and the cars. 





It was a bit of a mess because an hour after, at 8pm, it started POURING RAIN. Like crazy, and Ricky was being a great actor and decided to even film during the rain at some points, but we realized it kept getting in the way of the rest of the scenes so we split it to film on Thursday and Saturday when all of us were ready. 


No comments:

Post a Comment